For Sale - Antipodes (PC1501) Deep Submarine
FOR SALE!! Antipodes, a 5 man deep submarine, with a depth rating of 305m. This is a fine example of a 15## series Perry class submarine. Built in 1973, as a diver lockout commercial diving submarine. This sub has undergone two major retrofits since new. The latest to remove the diver lockout bell & fit a second 58″ hemispherical viewport on the aft end of the main hull tubular. The submarine is now approxiamately half of its’ original length, as a result.
“Antipodes is a deep submarine with proven experience and an excellent safety record. She is well equipped and operationally dive-ready, having completed her three year American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) Classification Survey in February, 2017. The survey included a complete disassembly and inspection, as well as certification deep dive.
With six individual 5HP electric thrusters, Antipodes is highly maneuverable at depth and extremely comfortable for pilot and up to four crew. She features two large 58” clear hemispheric acrylic domes on both bow and stern that provide a unique platform for excellent viewing and real time crew collaboration. Operating as either a stand-alone platform or working in tandem with other technologies (ROV, AUV, Sat-Diver) and equipment, Antipodes can be quickly configured to meet specific client needs where a deep submarine is the preferred solution and efficiently perform a wide range of underwater tasks including:-
• Visual inspection and observation
• Data collection and sampling
• Sonar mapping
• Film production
This modular approach to hardware configuration and crew composition means the deep submarine Antipodes is ideally suited to projects where requirements and conditions may vary between dives.
SAFETY & CLASSIFICATION COMPONENTS:-
Classed to 305m (1000ft).
Annual Survey completed February 2017.
All systems and equipment documented & archived.
EMERGENCY EQUIPMENT & RECOVERY EQUIPMENT:-
Life Support for 72 hours.
Analox CO2 Monitoring System.
1600’ Emergency Release Tethered Surface Bouy.
Towing Bridle & Spreader Bar.
Emergency Back up Systems.
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY:-
Film, Stills & Video capabilities thru Dome.
External equipment can be mounted.
BlueviewTM Sonar P450/45.
LED & Halogen External Lighting.
Long Duration Dives.
Capable of 8-10 hours dive with 5 passengers, with 72 hours emergency back up life support.
LinkQuest Tracking System.
Extensive Spares Package.
Customized Service Container (Optional Extra).
24VDC Manipulator (Optional Extra).
Crew Training Available.
When it comes to efficient deployment in any location, Antipodes offers the following benefits:-
• Rapid mobilization and demobilization due to compact size and weight
• Can be containerized and shipped anywhere • Deploys off of any ship of opportunity
• Does not require a man-rated crane (minimum rated crane capacity: SWL 10 tons)
• Can operate in sea state 3 • Can be surfaced towed using built-in bridle and rigging
• Fully autonomous: Does not need tether or tethering related equipment
• Agile and maneuverable: 4 horizontal and 2 vertical thrusters
• Speed approximately 2.5 knots • Rapid decent/ascent capabilities (up to 50 meters per minute)
• Large internal volume with over 4.4 cubic meters of space.
TECHNICAL VESSEL SPECIFICATIONS:-
• Builder: Perry Submersibles, Florida
• Year: 1973/2000/2013
• Hull Number: PC1501
• Hull VIN: US/WNZ18473G696
• Registration: US/WA WN9815NZ (Expires 6/30/2018)
• Certification: ABS Identification #7310882
• Annual: February, 2017 (next inspection, Feb. 2018)
• Special: February, 2017 (next inspection, Feb. 2021)
• Hull Material: HY100 steel
• Depth Rating: 305 Meters (maximum depth 1,000 feet)
• View ports: 2 x 58” O.D. acrylic domes
• Capacity: 5 persons or 850 pounds at max payload
• Weight: 14,400 pounds
• Length: 13’6”
• Beam Width: 8’3”
• Height: 8’7”
• Power: 120 VDC – 2 independent banks of 15 lead acid 8VDC cells (Newly installed 2017; ABS Special Certified)
• Thrusters: Six 5 HP Tecnadyne thrusters – Four horizontal – Two vertical
• Endurance: Life Support: 3 days
• Communications: ScubaPhone underwater communications system
• Tracking: Linkquest 1500
• Icom surface VHF radio.